Recommended Podcast Resources
There are already plenty of online courses that walk you through the basics (and details) of creating and promoting a podcast show. If you are interested in in-person training, I am available for private podcast consulting.
- Cliff Ravenscraft Podcasting A-to-Z ($1,999): Set up as an online course where all students participate and learn at the same time as well as online resources and documents you can access after the course is completed.
- Cliff Ravenscraft Learn How To Podcast ($0): Free 7-part video tutorial that walks you through the basics of setting up a podcast.
- Podcasting School for Women ($997): Designed by women podcasters FOR women podcasters, PSfW not only walks you through all aspects of designing and launching a podcast, but has one of the best interactive Facebook communities around for support and additional learning.
Books & eBooks
- How To Podcast 2015: Four Simple Steps To Broadcast Your Message To The Entire Connected Planet – Even If You Don’t Know Where To Start ($15): Paul Colligan has been a pro in the podcasting space since the very beginning. Paul covers the podcasting space in a non-techie way to get you started fast.
- The Business of Podcasting: How to Take Your Podcasting Passion from the Personal to the Professional ($10): Steve Lubetkin is a professional podcaster and one of my very first podcasting friends right here in New Jersey. He’s seen it all, and now gives you excellent insight in his own book.
- Podcasting Mastermind Class: From time to time I host in-person professional podcasting training courses
- Podcast Movement: Dubbed the world’s largest podcaster conference, it sprung out of the need for a podcast-only event.
- Social Media Marketing World: A massive conference that covers everything from social media to content marketing to podcasting.
- Podcamp: They still are held from time to time but I’m most involved with the Philly/East event.
- Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone (around $49)
- Blue Microphones NESSIE Adaptive USB Condenser Microphone (around $85)
- Blue Microphones Snowflake USB Microphone (around $48)
Show Branding: Cover & Episode Art
- JPEG or PNG file format (RGB color)
- Minimum size of 1400 x 1400 pixels
- Maximum size of 3000 x 3000 pixels
Show Branding: Artwork Suggestions
Technical MP3 Specs
- Use MP3 Format ONLY
- Stereo Bit Rate: Constant 192 kbps**
- **gets cut in 1/2 when Mono
- 96 kbps = 0.75 MB per minute
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Channels: Mono
- Libsyn Resources
- iTunes: To submit your podcast feed, click Submit a Podcast in the Podcast Quick Links of the Podcasts section in the iTunes Store
- Stitcher: Content Provider Application